The All-Russian creative contest "Thank you to the little hero" is gaining momentum - more than 2 thousand applications from all over Russia have already been submitted. The competition is dedicated to the celebration of the 75th anniversary of the Great Victory and is dedicated to the exploits of children and adolescents during the Great Patriotic War.
The competition has been held by the Oksana Fedorova Foundation since 2018, the co-organizers of the competition are Russian Post, Victory Museum, Russian State Children's Library and the National Parent Association!
The basis of the competition was the trilogy book “Little Heroes of the Great War”, in which a veteran, doctor of historical sciences, a member of the Union of Writers of Russia V. A. Nikonorov collected facts of heroism from more than 400 children and teenagers. According to archival data, more than 400 thousand young defenders of the Fatherland took part in the war. Only pioneers who showed courage and heroism were awarded orders and medals of over 35 thousand!
“The names and deeds of little heroes are undeservedly forgotten today, and our common task is to tell the younger generation about the contribution to the Victory made by their peers who were not afraid to engage in battle with the enemy, who defended their homeland on an equal footing with adults!” - noted the founder of the Fund, chairman of the jury of the contest, Miss Universe Oksana Fedorova.
The jury of the competition included public figures, artists, representatives of culture and art:
· Dmitry Dibrov, journalist, director, TV presenter
· Alexander Oleshko, Honored Artist of Russia, film and theater actor
· Regina Myannik, actress, trustee of the Charity Fund “Hurry up to do good!”, teacher Moscow State Art University .L. M. Lavrovsky
· Sergey Mironov, Chairman of the Just Russia Political Party
· Alexander Shkolnik, Director of the Victory Museum on Poklonnaya Hill
· Dmitry Adushev, Director of the macro-region Moscow, Russian Post JSC
· Aidar Akhmetov, People’s Artist of the Republic of Tatarstan, Director of KMTI named after G.P. Vishnevskaya IMHU im.L. M. Lavrovsky
· Arkady Vasilievich Nikonorov, veteran, doctor of historical sciences, author of the trilogy “Little heroes of the great war
· Elena Aksenova, Chairman of the Supervisory Board of the Russian Unity Interregional Public Organization (Republic of Crimea)
· Maria Vedenyapina, Director of the Russian State Children's Library, Honored Worker of Culture of the Russian Federation, Member of the Presidential Council on the Russian Language
· Angela Lebedeva, executive director of the “Raising the reader” Association, member of the International Council for Children's Books (IBBY)
· Alexander Saushin, member of the Union of Artists of the USSR, TEFI Prize winner, production designer of the opening and closing ceremonies of the 1980 Olympic Games in Moscow
The 2020 competition is held in 5 categories: " Drawing ", " Literary work . Prose "," Literary creativity . Poetry ”(age groups 7-10, 11-13, 14-17 years). Nominations "Video Report" - both individual and group works are accepted (age category 7-17 years). And this year’s new nomination “Photo Collage” : individual or group work of children on the basis of photographs on the theme of the Competition, united by a single logical concept (age category 10-17 years).
The works of the winners in the Drawing nomination will become the basis for a series of collectible postcards that will be issued by the Russian Post and presented at the Award Ceremony at the Victory Museum.